We represent public utilities in a variety of matters before Louisiana’s state and federal courts, the Louisiana Public Service Commission, the Council of the City of New Orleans, and in negotiations with other parties.
Representative matters have included:
- Class and mass actions
- Seeking regulatory approval of resource acquisitions, construction of power generating units, utility mergers, asset transfers, and recovery of storm costs
- Regulatory prudence review proceedings
- Utility disputes over the right to provide electric service to customers and compliance with regulatory orders
- Issues concerning franchise agreements with municipalities and other political subdivisions
- Property and right-of-way acquisition
- Contract review and negotiation
- Regulatory compliance issues
We work closely with our clients on the regulatory issues central to their businesses, and our experience, knowledge of the industry, and attention to detail are what drive the successful results that we have helped our clients to achieve.